Sunday, June 6, 2010

Catching Up

Sorry about so few posts in so much time. Very busy!

We were planning to attend the Shajirian concert Friday in Vancouver but it was sold out. All packed up and nowhere to go, except back to Eatonville with a mission to fill our time together with music and learning. We did at last locate the electronic tuner so Enayat could tune his santur, however, it wasn't working properly. So no santur. We did listen to some marvelous music on tape.

We are trying to find a correlation between Farsi and English scripture for me to memorize so I have the authorized translation. So far, no soap.

My new happy place is on a chair in the road next to the field of timothy hay with reading material or something to study, a snack, birds to watch and listen to, sunshine [bonus], and now my iPod, which I am still figuring out. I spent hours out Saturday collecting Vitamin D. I wrote and rewrote the Farsi alphabet, testing myself, going between letter names, capitol and small case forms.

This morning I went to Farsi class and this time received two new quotations to learn, which I was unable to locate on the Baha'i Scripture website by key words. Oh, well. I am getting much faster at copying the quotation in phonetic English [by ear] and in Farsi script, which I still can't really read. Only three more classes until the summer break, and I'm just beginning to catch on.

Now, to work.

No comments: