Sunday, September 30, 2012

Transitions

I have been rather busy in the last few weeks, and so have neglected blogging. I am still contemplating what to do next, as in 5 months I have not found a nursing job. A strong interest is in pursuing a bachelor's and master's degree in therapy. There are a few different directions I could follow in that; one is to find a way to ease the path for people who are helping their aging mother or father make transitions associated with aging, one is to assist people in making a transition to healthier eating, and so forth. How to make the transition into college with limited Financial Aid available [as I made a good income prior to losing my job] and with my unemployment benefits running out, is a challenge and a puzzle.

Today I attended the third "Ruhi" study class on the Covenant, which is thrilling and food for thought, which we are meeting on Sundays.

It is the last of September, the full moon, and a beautiful day. Approximately a month ago during the Blue Moon my daughter and her fiance held a beautiful and touching handfasting ceremony, and they plan to marry a year and a day from then.

I gravitated into joining the Leadership Team of the Tacoma Job Club, which is growing and thriving in its new meeting space at the Tacoma News Tribune offices.

Much on my mind has been contemplating moving to some place much less expensive, so that even when I again have a well paid job, less of my budget will go into rent and more can be saved or spent more wisely. I would, as most people, like to have the most interior space for the least amount of cash, partly because I need room for sewing, so that entails a second bedroom. I have not begun to look, yet. There is much sorting and clearing out to be done before I can be serious about moving.

1 comment:

Louise Pen y Graig said...

I hope you are enjoying book 8. I've just started tutoring it with a group of friends and it's lovley to be redoing it.
I've never commented before, but I enjoy your blog. Good luck and keep trying