Saturday, December 11, 2010

Connections

I decided to give Facebook another whirl and discovered I was already on it but didn't realize it. I was deep with my nose in connecting with friends when someone came to the door I haven't seen since Pearl got married in 2005.

My former husband came to pick up Pearl and take her to a Moto Guzzi Christmas party and to see her grandfather later on. He is so energized, we were talking a mile a minute trying to catch up. I think he is flourishing in his new circumstances. He took a photo of one of my cats which I am hoping to adopt out, to see what his wife thinks about it. I showed him the improvements I made on my house, and we reminisced about our old cat, who unfortunately was taken apart by pit bulls during the Worst Year of my Life.

I was able to talk with him . . . I'm trying to think of the right words. With a fresh slate. As a person I no longer have any issues with. More assertively. As a grown up.

And it was fun.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's good to hear.

Weaner Pigs said...

Yes, in a way seeing him reminded me why we were friends to begin with. The last five years I've only focused on the difficulties in our marriage and how we obstructed each other in our growth; how miserable we had made each other. It was nice to see the real him again, refreshed and gladdened by being out of that trap and with his new wife.