Saturday, March 5, 2011

At Home

I've been in my new home since February 12. It feels like home. I don't always feel at home in myself, but that is another story. I have a lot of organizing to do here, and a lot of moving things over from Tacoma, and cleaning in Tacoma, and more organizing here, that I really don't have time for right now.

The last two weeks at work were harrowing: the DNS was away, and the mice will play. The Corporate Nurse, who can sometimes be very helpful, and other times not, spent days at the facility and strangely at the same time we were doing investigations, and interviewing residents, which brought a lot of allegations out of the woodwork--some valid, many not. It felt like a witch hunt. I lost sleep, became extremely stressed, and my only saving grace was relying on God and reminding myself, "Don't let this be about you." Finally this week I got some sleep.

I'm on call at work this weekend, and received my first call after I'd been asleep an hour: another allegation, a badly-needed CNA to send home; finally I said to phone the DNS and when I called back to follow up, it turned out that this was an old, disproved allegation reiterated by the resident, and nobody had to go home, and the police did not have to be called, and I don't think I got back to sleep before one in the morning.

Which, before breakfast, Mr. Cable Man came over because of my intermittent slow internet speed. I had come up with a theory, which proved to be correct: that my computer continued to search for wireless connections in the neighborhood [this is a duplex] and that search plus being on other peoples' servers by accident, caused some very slow speeds. So we turned off the wireless faculty on my computer, so the modem is the only connection, and I learned how to turn on the wireless whenever I should need it, and my speed has gone way up.

I now have the weekend, and breakfast, before me to try to get this place organized, put up pictures and other artwork, and so forth. I also plan to go to work as a ghost to try to get caught up. [A ghost because I plan to do work off the clock.]

So. Here I am.

No comments: