Thursday, March 10, 2011

Done

My career as a resident care manager at "Mountain View" is kaput. I was so busy trying to keep up with things that no earthly human could really keep up with that I didn't even notice my 90 day probationary period was up, until I was called into the DNS' office and learned that I will not be kept on in that position.

She will do a couple of things for me; extend my probationary period two weeks; offer me an evening position working on the "floor", doing medications and treatments and MD calls and all that. So that keeps the wolf from the door, but there went my Mon thru Fri days, there went my free evenings and weekends.

This news came on the brink of me finally getting The Cold that many at work have been getting, keeping me home for two days. I don't dare ask for more off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, so sorry.

Bonita said...

You got an offer to work the floor, evening shift? There is some mercy in that - a job, some form of continuity...if you want it there. ~ Bonita

Weaner Pigs said...

Today I was informed that, contrary to the agreement, I would not get to orient to the cart, but just have to figure it out. I clocked out and came home.