Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rainbows on the Way Home

This morning I was going to meet my friends for lunch, but they didn't show and I had the wrong week. Went for a lovely walk at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge and saw a bird, probably a Warbler, with a yellow belly; a few hummingbirds, and a bald eagle. Stretched my legs. Part of the Boardwalk was fenced off for "sensitive wildlife", so I guess the wildlife was having issues. I looked for deer but didn't see any.

My husband has been back in the hospital, so I brought him some hummus and pita bread first thing. After my walk, he had phoned requesting a ride home. Took awhile for the nurse to get his discharge paperwork squared away, then we got into the car just as a downpour started. We saw two rainbows and a rainbow stub on the way home, but the sun was out when we arrived. He showed more enthusiasm for the hummus when I explained it has garbanzo beans and garlic in it--his favorite.

He's squared away to phone the dialysis outfit in the morning to give them his new schedule. He has gone to the ER prior to his dialysis days every time, so has not gone on his own yet, but we made sure he knows where it is. I kept my eyes open for deer at his place, but didn't see any.

I saw a doe grazing by the edge of the road on Shaw Road on the way home.

A good day.

No comments: