Thursday, April 4, 2013

Short Blurb

I stayed up too late and woke too early but went to a Stress Management class at WorkSource, led by a gentleman I am already acquainted with, very nice person. I let him know what happened with my last position, but didn't have time to go into the Autism Spectrum issue. My plan is to email him and set up an appointment to get more support for whatever transition I'm going through.

I called back a very nice person at a facility in Lacey and was very honest about my situation, and we had a very civil and friendly discussion of whether or not this would be the ideal position for me [not], and I left the door open to reapplying if I feel differently in the future.

Sometimes I have waves of compassion and joy for figuring out what is going on with me and why my life never quite works right. Fifty years of being misunderstood; a childhood teased, bullied, excluded, rejected, confused, hurt, lost . . . The clarity is incredible, lovely. But after this conversation I want to cry. I've never liked closing doors, but it's time.

No comments: