Monday, May 13, 2013

Gingerbread

Saturday I had the opportunity to give a ride to a sweet soul going to the Fireside at Gig Harbor. There was a wonderful talk and it was a great evening.

Yesterday, Mother's Day, I drove to Olympia and spent time with my daughter. We walked to Safeway for supplies, which was invigorating for me, and she made gingerbread from a recipe I had found on the Internet. This recipe was so good, that a taste of the batter elicited a small sound of pleasure from each of us. It turned out wonderfully.

The recipe is at: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/black-sticky-gingerbread-recipe.html

While the gingerbread baked, we watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and agreed that it was a very good movie.

I drove home while it was light, and later listened to the Sunday evening Compline Service on KING FM.

No comments: