Friday, January 1, 2010

The Last Three Years: Retrospective

14,000 things to do and what do I do? I spend most of the day creating a text diary based on entries on my wall calendars from 2006 to 2009. At first I felt sort of sweet about 2006 and 2007, then very sad, and in 2008 and 2009 very sad and discouraged and resigned. But there were some triumphs, too.

Today I bought a new alarm clock. Last week I got one that had huge numbers and released way to many BTU's of light into the room at night. So I bought a different one I'm very happy with that has numbers with a delightful color of blue. I've been listening to 98.1 KING FM for the last two or three hours as I finished this silly typing project. I haven't had a radio hooked up in here since June when the Penguin windows were put in.

I never use an alarm. I loathe the sound, the disruption. At night I ask myself/ask God to wake me by such and such a time and it happens. It helps that I'm a light sleeper.

2 comments:

Gringa said...

I sure enjoy your posts and your interesting perspective on various aspects of life--as well as your recipes. Are you going to post your text diary also? That would make for some interesting blog entries since you don't blog frequently.

Weaner Pigs said...

Thank you. I could post some of the diary but some of it is rather banal day-to-day stuff, and some of it I would need to edit. Still, I realize sometimes it seems I run a little dry. When I'm working so many hours I don't feel too creative at the end of it . . . then on my days off I'm so busy.

I'm glad you enjoy my posts.