Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Real "Bahai Blog," Or Not?

I noticed the other day that not everyone counts Weaner Pigs as a real "Baha'i Blog." This could be a valid point of view. There's just too much real life in it.

My intention is usually to use this at least partially as a forum for discussing the principles of the Baha'i Faith. However, doing this requires a fresh mind and a positive outlook, both of which I find in short supply due to the long hours I work and the overwhelming challenges I face there. So, even when I have time to make an entry, usually what ends up there is whatever is on my mind; typically, real life.

Just a parting shot before I fly to Schaumburg, Illinois for the Friends of Persian Culture Conference and meet some new friends there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's as silly as saying art without a picture of the shrine of the Bab is not "real Bahai art." Cheesch.

Bahai art is art that Bahais do.
Bahai blogs are blogs that Bahais do.
etc... for
Bahai music
Bahai studies

Weaner Pigs said...

Thank you. Please to meet you.

Bonita said...

When the frequent postings of my Baha'i activities became a problem for some of my family members who are no longer Baha'is, I was encouraged to drop that type of post, and focus only on things that promote feelings of love and 'unity'. (This, from someone who is now on the UHJ.) I followed his suggestion. It worked. Now, I come across as a 'foodie'. That is equally ridiculous.