Monday, August 30, 2010

Traveling

We're just on the cusp of leaving for Chicago area for the Friends of Persian Culture Conference. I'm going to try to pack just one bag [my leather backpack] for carry on luggage.* Enayat is planning to take his santur, which is still out of tune. He has a hard time cutting himself loose from his obligations at home and leaving on time, especially at the first of the month. I've been occupying myself with sewing, thinking that if I wear gauze fabrics they will take up less room. We'll see. I also made a pancho with heavy duty outdoor [rain] fabric, which isn't very long, but folds up very small. They are anticipating hot but rainy weather.

*I really feel the phrase, "Carry on luggage" deserves a cartoon with a vulture boarding a plane with some sort of roadkill.

I'm trying to learn to say "I don't speak one word of Farsi" in Farsi.

It's a joke.

No comments: