Friday, February 17, 2012

Finding Christ

I reposted a cartoon on Facebook showing a lady answering her door to two preacher-types, who are asking her if she's found Jesus yet. I had to look closely to see a depiction of Jesus hiding behind the drapes. So a person close to me asked me if I had found Jesus, or that sort of question. I think they assume that since I am a Baha'i, I must not be saved.

Really, finding Christ is not a problem. I think what the Christians are always prompting people to do is to make a bargain with Him so we can be saved and not go to hell. Which to me is not quite the same as recognizing the station of Christ.

So I posted the question on Facebook: If you are walking down the road about two thousand years ago and you pass His Holiness Jesus Christ, do you think you would recognize His station? Remember, you don't belong to a church, you don't have a painting of Jesus on your wall, there is no New Testament, and no church around the corner with a clergyman telling you what to believe. How would you recognize Christ?

Ponder this for awhile, if you like.

No comments: