Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Finding a Room Down Under

Some things in my life creating drama are just not blogworthy: too private. So if you're wondering why no posts for awhile, that would be a good guess.

On the lighter side: since I work nights, I usually sleep 2-4 hours in the morning at the most, and nap later on if I'm lucky. So a lot of what I do in the middle of the day is really in the middle of my "night." Yesterday I was noodling around trying to check out prices and motel availability at Ocean Shores next weekend, as I have a couple of extra days off. Somehow as I was browsing, and I have no way to explain this, without realizing it, I was no longer looking at places in Ocean Shores Washington. But I was finding these great little resorts and hostels and really getting sucked in and involved, to the point that I found a great place with a great price and actually booked a stay for two days . . . in Australia. I didn't realize this until I had gone through the entire process and was about to Mapquest the directions and checked the address.

Luckily I did eventually cancel without monetary penalty.

Now I don't even know if I want to go to Ocean Shores . . .

No comments: