Saturday, July 18, 2009

Moving On

I know, the Weanerpigmobile crashed, but actually I moved on down the road. Stress, heat, a chaotic day at work and the prolific abundance of foods I had stayed away from for quite awhile temporarily overcame my commitment to health. At work it isn't easy to find a calm place, or the time, to renew one's spiritual and emotional strength and center. Excellence, not perfection. So, onwards.

I'm still feeling tired and sluggish from whatever animal fat, sodium, nitrites and so on were in those hot dogs. I used to feel that way all the time. Now I don't have to. Yesterday I went back to rice and lentils; today I opened the day with an orange-flesh honeydew melon, supposed to be cleansing. Then I spent some time exercising.

I made a porridge with red lentils, a yam and oatmeal, plus the usual seasonings. It turned out thick and almost burned on the bottom, so I placed the ok part [most of the porridge] into another bowl, cleaned the burned part out of my wok where I cook most dishes, replaced the porridge and thinned it with soy milk.

Now to try to replace two hours of sleep I missed by waking early this morning.

No comments: