Saturday, September 12, 2009

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

The motto for the French Revolution. Too bad some of that fraternity didn't extend to the people under the guillotine.

Liberty: tonight my schedule of working every other weekend revolved a little more, possibly due to a month with five weekends. For the first time in about a year I was able to attend the gathering at Gig Harbor tonight, on the second Saturday. I've missed that house, the people, that fellowship so much.

Two youth played guitar and sang prayers and Baha'i writings. Suddenly I found myself transported back to the house in Pullman where I used to hang out with the Baha'is, and the first time I experienced that particular, indescribable feeling of fellowship and unity. Naturally I fell in love with all the Baha'is. I guess that happens a lot.

Liberty: yesterday I interviewed with the Director of Nursing for the Charge Nurse position at work; one that I already hold but which is being revamped. I felt it went astoundingly well, and was able to talk about many challenges I had faced that turned out well in the end. The DNS mentioned that she liked my Letter of Interest [which I have to say was elegant but blunt. (Previously posted.)] I no longer feel that my job is so threatened. I have felt so supported by everyone's friendship and prayers. So that's a feeling of release.

Liberty: tonight I mentioned my stress level during the eating and chatting portion of the gathering, and some of us spoke about the concept that what we think determines how we feel. If only my thoughts were fewer and simpler, and it was easier to root out which thoughts or assumptions were at the cause of which feelings. My thoughts tend to whirl around as I imagine my life as I know it swirling down the drain. But I have a place to start, anyway.

"The reality of man is his thought."

~'Abdu'l-Baha

P.S.: Chris, I found my wallet in my car.

No comments: