Friday, September 25, 2009

Raised By Wolves

Driving back to Tacoma from Eatonville this morning I saw a bumper sticker, "Forgive me, I was raised by wolves." There was another one about being naked but I couldn't get close enough to read it.

The 24 or so hours I spent on my second day off in Eatonville, my husband was glued to Radio Sedaye Iran on the internet, listening to endless Farsi commentary about Ahmedinijad's speech to the UN. Apparently he wound it up by promising a return of the Mihdi and of Jesus. He didn't say whether or not they would be the same person, or even be in agreement.

Tuesday Pearl took her test and got her drivers licence, so we were very celebrational. Interestingly, I was also 21 when I got my license. I'm making up for it now, driving everywhere like crazy.

This afternoon my car was vandalized for the third time. The first time several years ago someone broke a window and stole a briefcase with nursing supplies; two years ago someone tried to steal my catalytic converter. This afternoon there was evidence that initially they tried to jimmy open the drivers door lock, and got it too messed up to use my key; then they broke the drivers side back window. I guess they must have been interrupted, because they didn't disturb the inside or steal my CD's or recyclable grocery bags. Probably they were planning to steal the car.

I'm getting pretty cynical about this. Just sort of the cost of driving a CRV. I have a police case number but it was too late in the evening to contact my insurance agent. Then I remembered my daughter's car, which I can drive until this one gets fixed.

Sigh.

No comments: