Friday, December 18, 2009

Compulsive Eating

I have more or less decided to enroll in therapy to more effectively deal with my compulsive eating. Last year when I made a pilgrimage to Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel, and prayed in the Baha'i Shrines, one of the issues I brought up in my prayers was to finally identify the best, truest, healthiest diet. Well, I found the whole foods, plant-based way of eating, proven by solid scientific research, and it was like a tremendous stroke of lightning, lighting my way. The spark of truth, at last.

Even though I am clear about what foods to eat; even though I feel 100% better when eating a whole foods plant based diet; even though I feel committed to practicing this and have taken a powerful and informative online course on nutrition from Cornell University which has answered a lot of questions; and even though I have converted to home-cooking most of my meals and learned and created dozens of satisfying and delicious meals, I still have difficulty with compulsive eating under certain conditions. Like the child said to the ice cream cone, God willing I will lick this.

No comments: