Friday, December 4, 2009

Four Days Later

Here I am four days later. I was scheduled to work twelve hour shifts on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, then I also agreed to work today [Friday] 12 hours also. A marathon. It's also like time travel through the week. When all I do is work, and sleep, and spend 30 to 60 minutes each night on my eCornell course, the rest of the world slips by and I sort of wake up at the end of it disoriented to any events which may have occurred as I passed by.

One of the nurses at work, her ex-husband was one of the police officers slain recently in Tacoma. I don't know what to say on the card.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

You say, "So sorry for your loss." No need to wax eloquent about the loss that occurred in the past with the divorce. It's always a shock or adjustment when an acquaintance dies, no matter what the history of the relationship. Yuck that this was through such violence!