Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hello Again

Guess I'll visit my blog again, huh. Another week blenderized with 12 hour shifts and it isn't enough to pay my mortgage and I keep freaking out about it. Meanwhile I'm on the third in the eCornell online course Plant-Based Nutrition, Principles in Practice, and the lectures are more and longer and some more boring and some more opinionated, even if they are right . . . and in the middle of it I lost internet connection for a day and freaked out about that, but I returned from work and it was back. And I'm needing to be more and more assertive at work, which is good for me but stressful to learn.

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and her big gift to me was to still be here alive on this planet. Pearl is growing and changing and practicing her driving. So it was a fluke last night that I left my cell on as I listened to an interminable lecture on supplements online and she called at 12:30 having gotten lost on the way home from the Regal Cinemas. Some kind of grace that I had a Tacoma map in front of me and helped her find her way back onto the main street home. The dome light in her car isn't working and she forgot she had a flashlight in the glove box. Besides, I think she gets overwhelmed driving around disoriented and just needs to stop and say, "help!"

Happy Birthday, Pearl, thanks for being here!

No comments: