Friday, September 10, 2010

Journey to Chicago, Part 7

Sunday we listened to more lovely music and the talk by Roxana Saberi, which I already discussed. In the evening after the program, we had one more laborious walk through the convention area and the hotel, searching for friends and acquaintances Enayat might have missed before. I was okay with this up to a point, but then I finally lost it.

Two years ago I suggested to Enayat that, rather than continuing to cut his chin shaving, he just grow a beard. I was thinking, a genteel, pleasant little beard. It was motivated by mercy. Now he has a scraggly beard down to his abdomen, hair down to his shoulder blades, and a lot of miscellaneous growths of hair all over his cheeks. The beard that ate New York. In vain I have asked him to have it trimmed.

Therefore, every individual we met criticized his beard. And every woman we met somehow held me personally responsible for this beard and long hair. I finally just lost it.

Monday we drove to the House Of Worship where we at last had a lengthy, uninterrupted visit, and I had plenty of time for that peace to soak in. Then we went home.

No comments: