Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reset

The Northwest, Tacoma, has been submerged in snow. Last weekend I drove to and from work both days, admittedly only two miles, without any problem, only for my CRV to get stuck in the driveway on my return Sunday night. It's not four-wheel drive. I tried shoveling, kitty litter in front of the wheels, and just got annoyed.

Checked emails and read my sister's about hosting friends of theirs who had been burnt out of their house, living in a hotel for several days, and just needed to wash clothes, cook, experience being in a house again. Well, that solved my annoyance. It was just like a reset button for my mood. A timely reminder that many people have things much worse.

I've been out of town. My husband drove from Eatonville to pick me up from work and took me out here for my one day off to chill out, finish my first [for me] Patrick O'Brian novel, and hope my car has been thawed out of its stuck state in the last day.

Postscript: my schizophrenic existence involves living in Tacoma and Eatonville by turns. One has my house and my work; the other has my husband. I don't like commuting regularly as my work evening shift keeps me up late and I've gotten tired of road rage [other people's.] Testosterone-infused pickup trucks with brights five feet behind my bumper are not my idea of a good time.

No comments: