Friday, December 26, 2008

Weaner Pigs

Well, what is it--wiener pigs or weaner pigs? Make up your mind.

My favorite sign driving up and down Highway 161 between Puyallup and Eatonville is a small white sign with the outlines of two pigs nose to nose that points the way down a side road: Weaner Pigs.

The highlight of driving in the country for me is seeing wildlife; short of that, seeing livestock. Short of that, the mention of animals of any kind. I'm easy to please. There are the pair of llamas on Vickery by Highway 512; the small herd of goats by 161 just the south side of the Graham Hill; on the left, the Fat Hen Farm, and then Weaner Pigs. Then the Horse Hillside just by the turnoff to a camp, and just before the hill up towards Clear Lake, something I used to call Llama Land, a farm which no longer features llamas, cows, donkeys, alpacas or anything anymore, sadly.

Once I had the notion to name my blog Weaner Pigs I couldn't shake it. But I created a problem because I'd forgotten that it's weaner, not wiener. Found that when I changed the name, I could not figure out how to change the link without changing the address, oh, dear.

Someday I'll learn certain things, such as how to post photos. Hot dog!

No comments: