Monday, April 26, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

I had an attitude adjustment over the weekend. At work the GI flu has been going on for 2 weeks, keeping the double doors closed, the Green Wing on "lockdown," which is really a prison term, but that's how it feels.

I've been waiting for the axe to fall on me, thought I'd escaped, until Saturday. I cleaned house, drove Pearl down to Eatonville to help paint, and it was a beautiful day with sunshine and rain, and I was waiting for a rainbow. Just breaking over the hill past Graham where the whole world is spread out in front of you, there was the rainbow, and just then, the "Oh, no, here it is."

I lasted until we got to the house, I started the dishes, then I lay down, then it hit and lasted all night. I ate nothing for twenty-four hours, then two bananas Sunday night and a handful of dried apple slices, then toast this morning, and I'm hoping to hold out today without eating anything much.

The only good thing about illness is that it takes me out of the race. It's time to just stop.

So much for my big three days off. But Pearl got a lot of painting done.

No comments: