Saturday, April 10, 2010

Faith, or ???

My husband thinks I have a lot of faith because of what I will go through to get to Feast. I got my taxes done, spent 2 hours in Lowe's shopping for kitchen stuff, deposited my check in the bank, and brought paint and etc. to Eatonville.

Enayat decided he wanted to come to Feast with me in NE Tacoma, so by the time we left, there was no time to eat. Here's my route:

North on Meridian [Hwy 161]; West on 176th; North on Canyon; West/North on Pioneer; cross River Road and get on I-5 South to get onto Hwy 705 and take 509 across the tideflats, then up the hill to NE Tacoma. [I didn't listen to the little voice that said, try to get over to 509 some other way.] That is what happened, BUT.

Unknown to me there was a Black Eyed Peas concert at the Tacoma Dome, so the instant we got onto the freeway, blam, we were stopped in stop-and-go traffic for 1 1/2 hours just to get past the Tacoma Dome. While Enayat snoozed [never miss an opportunity to sleep] I held devotions in the car. I recited every quotation I could think of, several prayers, several songs, several songs that were prayers. All the time, inching forward.

Whenever I left a gap for some car to come onto the freeway or get in line for the Tacoma Dome, some other car nosed into it, so I stopped being generous and letting people in.

We did get to the Feast in time for the social portion, lots of good stories and laughter and fellowship. The real reason I will go through hellandhighwater to get to Feast is for the fellowship. I'm almost starting to be grateful for these types of tests. Almost.

There is some reason God wanted us to spend and hour and a half by the Dome saying prayers; someday maybe I'll find out what it is.

No comments: