Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We All Live With Animals

Yesterday I gave away my lovely cat, Gregory, to an elderly lady who just lost her 19-year-old cat to old age and, "I can't live without a baby!" She would have been so lonely. And Gregory will have far more attention than he ever received from me, since I work full time. I let her know about his quirks, notably chewing on your hair.

Juliet, his sister, was pretty lonely last night. She wondered where her brother went. And had a lonely day while I was at work. I found her a loving home just tonight with a friend who is looking for a companion to his other cat, and extra cat "presence" to discourage the encroaching rodent population. He hopes she will learn to hunt. And she may.

My house is empty. My husband happened to be in the neighborhood and dropped by, expressing his usual opinion on keeping animals in the house. I told him it was probably a blessing he dropped in, as I was missing my cats in this newly empty house, and I enjoy having someone short, dark, hairy and noisy around as a substitute.

"Anyway," I said, "we all live with animals. Some have four legs, and some have two."

2 comments:

Weaner Pigs said...

Here I am again commenting on my own blog.

Pretty catty post.

Soluble Hermit said...

I chuckled about the short, dark, and hairy comment. It sounds like you found good homes for the cats and I'm glad. I love you!

-Pearl