Monday, October 19, 2009

Coming to a Neighborhood Near You

Baha'is went out in the rain and sunshine Saturday and Sunday to meet people in the neighborhoods and facilitate involvement in community-building activities such as devotional meetings, holding children's classes in their homes, and assisting middle-school age youth to devote their energies to their communities.

Personally I was never receptive to having religious people approach me at my house because experience has proven that they are almost never receptive to hearing what I truly think and feel, their agenda is to change me and save my soul, and they are never receptive to the message of Baha'u'llah.

On the other hand, when I meet people in their home or on their porch, I am interested in them, and I have no interest in changing them.

Surprisingly the people in the neighborhood of Hilltop in Tacoma which we visited were friendly, approachable, and receptive to having people stop by. Whether or not they were interested in what we had to say, they didn't seem hostile or alienated in any way to have us in their neighborhood, and many people were very receptive to meeting us.

No comments: