Sunday, October 25, 2009

What Happened to Arlene?

I know I've been off the blog too long when I have to enter my password!

I had intended to join the morning teaching events on Hilltop this weekend, but didn't show up.

I got sick! I was starting to sniffle and sneeze and blow my nose the 17th & 18, during our teaching weekend on Tacoma's Hilltop; then took off Oct 19th and 20th from work for the anniversary of the Birth of the Bab; then Oct 21st for our second anniversary.

About 4 AM the 22nd it hit. High fever, really not feeling well. But I was scheduled to work a twelve-hour shift Thursday, so I did, going through a box of tissues and a container of that horrid alcohol gel which I applied after every sneeze and nose blow, getting sicker and sicker. After whining about my schedule and being assigned to work this weekend so I wouldn't lose my house, I ended up taking this weekend off anyway. I still have a fever but the running nose is now only jogging, and the sneezes have stopped.

I tried to go to the Doc-in-the-Box today but they wouldn't take my insurance, which is one of the major companies. I have Peach, they only accept Mango. I thought they were pretty much two sides of the same coin, but not according to their contract. So I decided since I'm not dead yet, I'll just wait. I'm not working until Tuesday, anyway.

I'm watching videos with my daughter.

No comments: