Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We See Vancouver

My husband and I drove to Vancouver, BC Canada Sunday and drove back Monday evening, partly so he could buy the ultimate Persian-to-English dictionary and better translate his poetry, and partly to visit his cousin Mitra and her husband Zia. We had a great drive up to North Vancouver Monday and a ramble through a Persian-type store neighborhood, visiting an Iranian market where two years ago he bought two hundred audio cassettes of Persian music.

Next we walked up and down the sidewalk in the rain to find a second-story Persian bookstore. Too hard to find it from the car, as the sign was small and in Farsi script. But what fun when we found it. Books, CD's, santurs and Iranian guitars. Let's just say, Enayat's upcoming birthday is covered. I wish some time we could spend more time with leisurely shopping in various neighborhoods.

The drive home in the rain, with several multiple lane closures on the freeway, was grueling. What finally saved the day was Enayat singing his songs, many of which are my favorites although I do not know the words, and him tapping and snapping his fingers on the wheel, and me trying to get him to keep his hands on the wheel . . . I'm just glad to be home again.

Tomorrow I start my eCornell online course on plant-based nutrition, based on the China Study.

1 comment:

real estate agent in Vancouver said...

Hey, I have just discovered your blog and I just have to comment about your Vancouver visit. A short one indeed. Good that you got exactly what you wanted and had fun.

Jay