Monday, February 22, 2010

Last Free Day, then . . . work.

I went to my psychotherapy where I am working on Lifespan Integration, still going through my lifespan with the therapist. Even just going through and identifying peak events in my life, especially early life, is very painful and leaves me emotionally vulnerable. Later I took my friend Loyd and drove up to Pike Place Market which I haven't seen for many years. I saw a leather "doctor bag" which I liked but was $100 and rather small.

I'm still daydreaming about one bag packing, which I failed at miserably going to Israel last year for Pilgrimage, dragging around a bag stuffed with a multitude of outfits and things. I have a fantasy [for whenever is my next trip] of carrying, like my friend Bryan, one leather "doctor bag" with a few changes of underwear, a few scarves, and maybe a spare top in case of spills. [Okay, he didn't wear scarves, but I do.]

Saturday I was especially emotionally vulnerable after a harrowing evening of work Friday, went to Northeast Tacoma via a complex detour; I left in a much better mood than I arrived in.

Marine View Drive has a number of industries. One of the roofs has painted, in large capital letters, "BARK." I have recently begun to give in to the irresistible urge to bark when I see this. It makes me happy.

Back to Pike Place Market, we went to a used bookstore downstairs where I found a life history of Patrick O'Brien and a Calvin and Hobbes book I hadn't seen before, with the wonderful title of: Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons. How could I resist? In the same store I also drooled over two heavy camel bookends, for a combined price of $90.00 [actually, sneezed, as they were dusty.] I passed. Too much for something to sit on my window sill.

I have decided, once and for all, to stay with "mild" for any future orders of Thai Green Curry. I used to say "two stars out of five," but in this case, who knows what the "5" was? It certainly took care of my sinuses for awhile.

We looked for my car in three parking lots before we found the right one. And then I drove home.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I love your yielding to the impulse to bark. Sometimes it's gratifying to comply with a command that doesn't know it's been issued.