Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Onomatopoetry

Spent the day on phone with one of my nursing friends, then a credit counselor I hooked up with while I was trying to check on my application for food stamps, so on and so forth, had to spend my planned time contacting possible employers a little later in the day than I would have liked.

Completed two online applications. Wasn't psyched up for a full-blown cover letter, resume cut-and-paste and application at first. Had just been snooping around, then, "hey, that looks good [or in one case, pretty marginal.]" Nerve-wracking to answer questions online, copy and paste resume, and so forth. Funny, that's how I used to feel about paper applications in the old, old days. I don't think I could have coped with the psychology of clicking the right button and filling in the right info RIGHT NOW online, back then. I can barely do it now.

So my friend in an email was talking about onomatopoeias, [oh, dear, still the red line of doom, thought we had sorted out how to spell that] and he asked for some onomatopoetry.

Onomatopoem:

A girl who went online
Thought her work search was going just fine
Till the message board crashed
And her resume dashed--
Now her outlook is less than divine.

No comments: