Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baha'i Devotional Morning

Although I leave for work in a few minutes, as I work the evening shift, I had the pleasure of seeing the Baha'is this morning at Tim and Deb's Devotional meeting with waffles [!]. I loved the selection of writings about Baha'i civilization, and it put some thoughts into my head for teaching the Faith.

To my delight I met a young woman who has served at the Baha'i World Center in Haifa, Israel, who had some good ideas for what to do with our 3-4 days in Israel prior to the start of Pilgrimage. Given that there are some places we are warned to avoid, such as Jerusalem, the West Bank [Gaza goes without saying], Cara suggested we rent a car and drive to the Sea of Galilee. With a car we will have more mobility to go exactly where we want, when we want. Okay, I realize that for some people this is a no-brainer, but I really had not considered trying to drive in a foreign country. As long as we drive on the American, i.e., correct side of the road ; > . Freedom!

I found myself speaking with my friend Bonita, who is going on Pilgrimage in April, and urging her to get the passports now, as it takes some lag time.

After the waffles, I went to Office Max and found some inexpensive small [6 X 9] clipboards. Maybe because at the SNF where I work as a nurse, I keep myself organized with a clipboard, it seemed like a good idea to keep my papers organized on a purse-sized clipboard when we travel.

Time to get ready for work.

5 comments:

Roger said...

Don't worry, they drive on the right side of the road in Israel.

Weaner Pigs said...

Thanks, Roger, that's what my new acquaintance Cara pointed out today.

Glad to hear from you!

Just received a letter via email from the World Center saying they are not going to cancel the Pilgrimages, but it is up to us if we want to [we won't], and reiterating their guidelines on where not to travel. I was very concerned they might cancel.

Bonita said...

Hi Arlene ~ just a note to let you know that Mink went to the afternoon 'training on Anna's Presentation' with George, and after listening to it he enrolled in the Faith. What a great way to start out our IPG!

Weaner Pigs said...

Hooray!!

GWD said...

Actually, the deepening was on teaching friends, co-workers and neighbors. We were lucky to have a teaching book there, when it became apparent that this friend was ready.