Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why the Pause in Blogging

I have a list of departed souls in my prayer book for whom I read a prayer for the departed. This week I very nearly had to add my daughter to this list. She's currently residing in the eleventh floor at St. Joseph hospital, and safe, but I don't know for how long.

I can't tell you how this feels.

Today I've been thinking: I need to create a list of souls still on this plane that I would pray for when deceased. Why wait? I should be praying for them now.

Part of my heart is with the great teaching efforts going on in the Sumner area this weekend. My prayers are with those great souls, as well.

Some people might think I'm selfish to continue with my plans for Pilgrimage during my daughter's illness. I plan to make the journey anyway. I will be praying for her in the Shrines.

Peace.

3 comments:

Roger said...

I have just said a healing prayer for your daughter. I pray that she recovers to the point where her condition does not weigh heavily on your spirit while on pilgrimage. Regardless of what happens, you'll be in the best place in the world to offer prayers on her behalf (and for your other friends and loved ones).

Weaner Pigs said...

Thank you, I appreciate your prayers. I also feel that this is the time to be at the shrines to pray.

Warm Regards

Bonita said...

I hope all goes well, for all of you. You are in my prayers.