Friday, August 7, 2009

My Daughter's Back ["What About My Back?"]

I'm a'going fishin' all of the time, baby's going fishing too.
Bet your life, your sweet wife is gonna catch more fish than you.
Sayin' many fish bite if you've got good bait,
Here's a little something I would like to relate,
I'm a goin' fishing, yes I'm going fishin' and my baby's going fishing, too.

It feels like I have my daughter back. It feels good to spend time together. In December when we visited Bellingham with my daughter and her husband in back, one big heap of sullen mope between them, I thought, "I'm never taking them on a trip again." I just didn't know how bad it was with them, how depressed Pearl was. Now we're planning the trip to Neah Bay, and I mentioned the Jam N Tube-- "sounds like fun!" I've been taking her for private drive lessons at 911 Driving School and she's actually driving on city streets and doing well. Smiling, revamping her novels she wrote growing up, doing her art.

On my last day off, Nick showed up and Pearl drove us to Titlow Beach Park, [in her youth, the "Park With The Three Slides"] where we walked the trails and watched the sunset, the rising near-full moon. "I see the moon and the moon sees me, down through the leaves of the old oak tree. Please let the light that shines on me, shine on the one I love." "Shine on, shine on harvest moon, for me and my gal. I ain't had no loving since January, February, June or July."

No comments: