Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Scrap Of Paper

United Spiritual Gathering Councilfire Part Two:

Here is a story concerning the Baha'is currently imprisoned in Iran for their leadership role as a group; although they were obedient to the dictates of the restrictive laws against assembly by Baha'is, they have been in prison without due process for over a year. I will relate the story as I remember it:

A Scrap of Paper:

One of the women imprisoned in Evan Prison in Iran for serving the Baha'i Faith as a leader, asked her sister when she visited to write for her a certain prayer which she was having trouble remembering. The sister found a scrap of paper and wrote down the prayer from memory, but the guard would not allow it to be given to the inmate.

This is the banned prayer:

"I have wakened in Thy shelter, O My God, and it becometh him that seeketh that shelter to abide within the Sanctuary of Thy protection and the Stronghold of Thy defense. Illumine my inner being, O My Lord, with the splendors of the Dayspring of Thy Revelation, even as Thou didst illumine my outer being with the morning light of Thy favor."

~ Baha'u'llah.

What came to my mind was that Baha'u'llah has said that every spot "where mention of God hath been made, and His praise glorified," is blessed. So, with the prayers said there, even Evan Prison is blessed.

No comments: