Friday, March 13, 2009

Beauty and Peace

I've started commuting to Eatonville from Tacoma at night again, usually the last evening after work before my day or two off. I was talking about this drive with someone at work that used to do it. "Have you ever been driving at night and look over and see Mount Rainier all ghosty in the moonlight?" Gasp. "Yes!" It's so cool [and beautiful] to see something you're not supposed to be able to see. As when I was a child and realized that sometimes I could see the rest of the crescent moon, but I wasn't supposed to be able to see it.

The other night I emerged from a particularly hairy evening at work and looked up to see a perfect full moon. Shoot, no wonder. In spite of Baha'i warnings against superstition, I have picked up the one about full moons.

This morning Lake Ohop is like a mirror. The Canada geese [what my husband calls "Canadian geese," as if they could have a nationality] are out foraging in the hayfield, all in a row. Step, pick, step, pick. It's been many months since we've seen elk out there, though.

No comments: