Monday, March 30, 2009

Moving On

Spent the night at Eatonville after another late-night conversation with Charles, drove back this afternoon, and I've decided to get out of this Tacoma house however I can do it and move to Eatonville, saving ultimately a couple of thousand dollars + a month on mortgages and utilities. It will cost me some of that back in gas to commute, and possibly an occasional motel room in really bad weather. [This is the worst winter in the Pacific Northwest in years, no doubt due to climate changes.] I would love to put some money every month into some type of money-market account so I can get a life someday.

I feel so much lighter, more buoyant, from making a decision, instead of sitting and watching things go bad, like Hamlet, and feeling caught in indecision.

At Fred Meyer I bought some groceries, mostly canned beans, and at the checkstand I bought balloons. I inflated one of Pearl's favorite color of blue, put it in the kitchen and wrote "Hello." Later I may email her and maybe even phone her, or possibly even go upstairs to talk to her. ; >

Sometimes I'm still undecided about abandoning Pearl or continuing to help her. I can't share why Charles is leaving Pearl, but it has to do with some unfortunate choices on her part, according to him, that she is unwilling to abandon. Having an actual conversation will probably help.

And, yes, I will probably help her, especially by getting her back into professional driving practice lessons until she's ready to drive independently. Notice I didn't say, "until she gets her license." A license doesn't mean necessarily you are comfortable driving routinely, it just means you passed the test.

Onward.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

...canned beans at Fred Meyer. Hmmmmm. I just go in for their gorgeous cauliflower. That's bout it there, as everything else is just too expensive.

You are the most incredible writer. Or, maybe it is your life that is, and how fortunate for you that you can write about it!

One of the things I've noticed about people who go on Pilgrimage: Their lives seem to fall apart afterwards due to some horrific tragedy which, if they live through it, results in all the great things they prayed for in the Holy Shrines.

Weaner Pigs said...

Thank you for the encouragement. It's always pleasing to be able to do at least one or two things well, and I enjoy writing. I enjoy feeling the possibility of connecting with people.

What an interesting observation about Pilgrims' lives falling apart. I had never noticed.

All the great things I prayed for in the Holy Shrines were people. That's it. I came in with a long list of people to pray for. And I prayed for the teaching work all over the world, as well as in Cluster 19. And unity. Maybe I prayed for my health or something, I don't remember. And to have a smooth trip home through the airports. Mostly just for people.

PS I always thought YOU were such a good writer! The sample of your journaling when Taraz turned 15 . . .