Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Mountain of the Lord

Our dear friend Tony, who is very skilled and diligent in construction arts and does a lot of work for my husband on his properties, stopped by last evening. Enayat pulled out our photos from Pilgrimage to show him. Tony is a Seventh Day Adventist. Last year, when we mentioned that the World Center of the Baha'i Faith is on Mount Carmel [in my view, the Mountain of the Lord], Tony threw back his head with a hearty laugh, speaking about how Mount Carmel had been the site of idol worship and how Jehovah had had a contest with the god Baal in fire-starting, on Mount Carmel. The other day I thought about this and wanted to say, "Yeah, but Jehovah won."

Anyway, Tony was very impressed with the photos, thought the Shrine of the Bab and the terraces and Bahji were very beautiful. He was also interested, naturally, in Nazareth and Jerusalem. I was grateful I had taken some time to pull out my share of the photo copies before they were handed around and shuffled. I plan to put together an album illustrating the sites we visited in a historical and scriptural context. I hope, not too ambitious. Something to pray about.

Come on up, let us go up, come on up to the Mountain of the Lord . . .

No comments: