Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tatting, Teaching, and Light-filled Beings

We arrived at our friends George and Bonita's front porch at 7 PM sharp for the Thursday evening Devotional Meeting, even having taken a few minutes to drive around Robin Hood's Barn finding a gas station so I wouldn't have to gas up later in the dark. No George or Bonita, no van with the colorful wildlife stickers. Since I had neglected to call first, I wasn't disturbed. We agreed to eat dinner at one of our favorite dives, "Greek To Me" near Wright Park, which Enayat always translates into "Greek In Us", and stop by later.

Watching the exquisite sunset out the glass door and windows, and halfway through a Greek Garden pizza, I realized that since George phoned me on Sunday, I had his number on my phone. It turns out Baha'i Feast was tonight, in Tacoma, anyway. Out in Spanaway Feast was last night, when I was working, so I figured I had missed it.

Having blessed George and Bonita on their upcoming Pilgrimage, Enayat having finished the pizza and now heavily engaged in the heavenly green beans, I pulled out my tatting. There was another diner nearby, a lone woman, one of these people who seems light-filled. She asked about the tatting [and knew what it was] and we had a lovely conversation about her teaching work in this region, her having lived in Scotland, Turkey, and Greece, and her planting an organic garden in front of her house to help feed her neighbors. We talked about Iran, Sobhani Meditation, and mentioned the Baha'i Faith, though not in detail. We have her contact information, and a place to start to build a new friendship.

I guess that's where we were meant to be tonight.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

That little eatery has the best pizza in town! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience there, and yes, that is where you were meant to be. (Sorry for the mixup, but thank goodness for cell phones.)

Weaner Pigs said...

Have a blessed Pilgrimage!