Monday, February 16, 2009

Pilrimage Day 4, 2-5-9, Part 1

2-5-9 Thursday 1900 Bahji Visitor Center

Awoke to a glorious dawn; low clouds on horizon over Akka and bay were glowing bright pink. Crow Time. Long prayer facing [approximately] Bahji. Packed up most of food [bread, cauliflower, cabbage and carrots] to take to PRC. Dodged [literally] across the street for 4 varieties of cheese, yogurt, and hummus.

We ate a leisurely breakfast which had me champing at the bit again. Trek down terraces with a stunning blue sky, blue bay and sunlight. Knees and calves quickly became shaky. Down almost to the Shrine of the Bab, then out the gate back to Hazionut and we're at the PRC. Just time to assemble lunch.

On the bus, I told Doris from Lithuania: "Red sky in the morning, sailors' warning; Red sky at night, sailors' delight. Good thing we're not sailors!"

This morning to the Mansion of Mazraih, which turned out to be my favorite of the properties we visited [of course, not counting the Shrines.] O, Joy! In the room of Baha'u'llah I focused entirely on teaching prayers for the intensive programs of growth across the globe, favoring Clusher 19 in Washington, though.

Before the visit to the room of Baha'u'llah, our friend Inge sang Allahumma in a voice of pear nectar sweetened with honey, tasted in the glow of a sunlit orchard. Then Enayat chanted. There were vases of roses of all colors downstairs, even more fragrant than our old-fashioned roses in my old house.

Out in the garden of Mizraih I foraged for the delicious grapefruit and oranges, groundfall only. About a mile away, across the fields, circled a dozen eagles over a flock of black-faced sheep . . . hmm. Joy!

We then drove to the Mansion of Bahji where my experience was sad and puzzling. In the room of Baha'u'llah, the very room of Edward Granville Brown's visit, I entered, sat, and had the most uneasy feeling I ought to leave. Cognitively, it made no sense to me.

The balcony was lovely.

No comments: