Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pilrimage Day #9, February 10, 2009 Part 1

2-10-9 Tuesday 1355, PRC

Awoke early, could not sleep. Showered, last Obligatory Prayer with the Bay of Akka in view. Enayat said, "I just remembered, someone I know has a birthday today." I look at him in astonishment. Someone he knows in the States? Who is he thinking about? Then he sings me the birthday song in Farsi. I had entirely forgotten my birthday. That was a good gift.

We took a taxi to 7 Harparsim Street, a street so narrow it would qualify for an alley in the USA but has an astounding amount of rather swift traffic. This is the House of 'Abdul-Baha, also Bahiyyih Khanum, His sister, the Greatest Holy Leaf. The Master's room, in which He breathed His last, is also paved in red tiles. In the "living room" I did get to sing the Royal Falcon before others, so as not to spoil the aura from the superior voices which followed. Enayat's friend from India enjoyed it.

We walked over to 4 Haparsim Street where the Randalls, including Bahiyyih Randall, stayed in 1919. This is also where the touching meeting between the 12 year old Mary Maxwell and Shoghi Effendi occurred. We received rose petals from the gardens at Bahji, heard inspiring words from the Master which were spoken there, and farewell.

No comments: