Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pilrimage Day #9, February 10, 2009 Part 2

2-10-9 Tuesday

The rest of the day was taken with packing up, checking our bags into locked storage at the Nof, and going to the PRC. It was a wet day with thunderstorms and pouring rain. Enayat walked down to Abbas Street in the floods, to find a Western Union, which was closed an account of the national election in Israel. He bought me a beautiful green glass pendant with the Baha'i symbol in gold inside it; he discouraged me from putting it on and I put it into my bag. It was lost on the trip home and I never saw it again, one more sorrow.

With our friends the Haghighi's and the Warrens we arranged a sherut to the airport from the Nof at midnight. Our flight was not until 8 AM but I could not imagine both of us waking in time at 3 AM. All our extra fruit I put out in bowls in the PRC where I hoped that it would be used by people staying the next day.

I visited the Shrines on my own for the last time, as Enayat was wading around getting lost on Abbas Street. It rained on and off. He was soggy the rest of the night. I used the lime from the grounds at Mazraih Mansion in our tea. Mrs. Banks from the Cayman Islands came up to me and announced to everyone that it was both of our birthdays and sang happy birthday. I hadn't mentioned it to anyone.

No comments: