Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Road Home: Afterward

2-12-9 Midnight, Seatac, Washington

So much for basking in the glow of Pilgrimage. My legs are swollen, my coccyx is sore, I'm getting dehydrated, I haven't slept in three days, and I am a basket case from the stress of running through airports.

2-13-9 2400, Tacoma, Washington

We took the shuttle to Tacoma, I drove Enayat home to Eatonville, then I drove back to Tacoma by 3 AM so I could rest and attend to business in the afternoon. [For those not in the know, I live in Tacoma where my work is two miles away, and visit my husband an hour away usually on my days off. Ok, it's weird, but it works for me, for now.] I stopped by at work so I could get squared away for work the next day, and found myself hugging the people I had remembered in my prayers. One said my eyes were bright. I had the car headlight replaced, found materials for making bookmarks with the tatting. My daughter and her husband seem ok. I slept again for four hours. I decided to get assertiveness training.

Post Script: 2-19-9 0915

The first evening back at work I struggled to stay awake while I was charting. When I was giving report, suddenly I heard this voice going blah, blah, blah, but it was my own voice and the other nurse was shaking me awake. The next two days weren't much better. I've been trying to sleep in the mornings, working in the evenings, and blogging in between to catch up.

So--when is the next Intensive Program of Growth? Let's go!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Personal growth: I'm heading for a 10-day Vipassana meditation retreat as soon as I get up the nerve to ask for time off work and apply for acceptance in the program. www.dhamma.org

Weaner Pigs said...

I was surprised at the ease of getting time off for this journey. She just said, "OK, let me know what days, in writing."

Let me know more about the Vipassana.