Monday, February 16, 2009

Pilrimage Day #7 February 8, 2009, Part 2

Lately I had been speculating that the features of the Blessed Beauty, Baha'u'llah, might resemble photos of the Master, or of the Greatest Holy Leaf, or of His father. He only resembled Himself.

I don't know how much I should write. We all did a lot of kneeling and crawling to see [especially with progressive lenses.]

"Say: Naught is seen in My temple but the Temple of God, and in My beauty, but His Beauty, and in My being but His Being, and in My self but His Self, and in My movement but His Movement, and in My acquiescence but His Acquiescence, and in My pen but His Pen, the Mighty, the All-Praised. There hath not been in My soul but the Truth, and Myself naught could be seen but God. "~~Baha'u'llah

Very well. To my immense surprise and delight, I recognized in the photograph of the visage of the Blessed Beauty, taken in Adrianople:
Not merely physical features, although serious and weary, but a warm, strong, magnetic personality. I could sense the commanding presence and the spark of humor, the authority, and I was very attracted to this presence. I thought there was even a chance I might have caught a glimpse of His Station, had I seen the Blessed Beauty in Person. Praise God, what a delight. Idid not want to leave His Portrait and I would never have wished to be separated from His presence.

Joy!

We also saw an outer, camel-hair coat of the Blessed Beauty, with piping along the outer sleeves and trim at the neck; a very small and neatly mended spot on the upper right shoulder.

The coat of the Bab, green and more form-fitting, slender, with fine detailing.

The cotton aba of the Master, machine sewn tan cotton, one of many he gave away. I could see the variations in "tension" in the machine stitches.

A one-foot square by about 4 inch deep stone from the floor of the Siyyah-Chal, porous and rough limestone. A sword of Mulla Husayn.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

I've really enjoyed your Pilgrimage notes here! Looking forward to talking with you soon...

Weaner Pigs said...

Yay! Thank you! Will continue tonight or tomorrow as I have been away from the computer.